Friday, March 20, 2009

So as of today, I've been in Europe 2 months. That's kind of a long time. At least to me it is. And it seems that for those 2 months, I've been a constant ball of frustration and irritation. Once, just once, I'd like things to go as planned. I don't want last minute changes or alterations or cancellations or additions. I want to know what I'm doing, where I'm going, and then go and do it. As planned. I know I have to be flexible and bendable, but you can only take so much bending before you snap and break.

So the Texas kids were pretty cool. I liked a few of them. And it was nice to have other people around that were American. Ah, I sometimes miss Americans. That is, until they take pictures on the bus, wear touristy jackets and fanny-packs, sing in public, and generally irritate me with their ignorance to other cultures. However, their visit did teach me something: I know quite a bit about San Sebastian. What things are, where to go, what to do, the ins and outs, places to eat/shop, etc. Felt like a pro. Also loved the rush I got from being in charge. A little bit power-hungry, if you will.

So now that the kids are gone and the weekend we've been working toward is here, I have no idea what we're doing next. Chatting, I guess. But I'm not exactly responsible enough for my own group, nor do I want one. I'd like to just be left alone to work on my assignment that I actually enjoy. Again, slipping into the giant ball of frustration.
~Breathe, let it go, think of the Beatles and ice cream~

1 comment:

  1. I figured out that I know a lot about Dresden when we has some outside folks here for training. It was pretty cool.

    I am so sorry for all the frustrations. We're praying for you and Jen here in Dresden. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete