Monday, March 23, 2009

It was an emotionally lousy week followed by a pretty good weekend. We helped out with the Chat Weekend retreat, which pretty meant doing what we were told to do. But when not doing that, it was fun to just chill out with people. Both Texans and Basque. Met a bunch of really great people. They say that its impossible to build relationships here because its impossible to break through the coldness of the people. But having something like this weekend helps to build friendships that could last for quite a while.

One of my favorite things that I've learned here: my name doesn't exist. That is why whenever I introduce myself to someone, all I get is a blank stare and them asking me to repeat it a few times. Makes me feel special.

So, we've spent more than a month preparing for the past week and a half. Now that the past week and a half are past, I am really curious as to what the rest of our time will be filled with. Conversation groups? Maybe, but I don't exactly do much of those. Just one, actually. And I don't believe anyone is keen on giving me my own, which is fine with me. So, back to taking pictures? Sounds good.
I'm ready for some baseball. And cupcakes. And Starbucks. And fried catfish. And a million other things that I miss so dearly. Most of which are food.
Sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment